Paralegal marks 50 years with Oklahoma City law firm
Jo Balding has experienced the technological revolution and more during the five decades she's worked for Crowe & Dunlevy law firm in Oklahoma City.
For 50 years, Jo Balding has invested her intelligence, savvy, courage and wit in this firm and in the clients we serve. She has truly been the professionalism benchmark by which so many others who have come after her are judged.”
Balding said her job takes strong organizational skills and, with a lot of last-minute tasks, the ability to handle stress.
As a way of relieving stress, she said she joins friends she's made through various quilters guilds in making quilts for wounded soldiers who return to the U.S., quilts for soldiers in Afghanistan and quilts for preemie babies at the various hospitals.
“It feels good to do something for someone else, and it's calming and relaxing,” Balding said.
Crowe & Dunlevy directors Michael Laird and Brooke Murphy praise Balding's five decades of service.
“For 50 years, Jo Balding has invested her intelligence, savvy, courage and wit in this firm and in the clients we serve. She has truly been the professionalism benchmark by which so many others who have come after her are judged,” Laird said.
“She understands the importance of strict attention to detail for each client matter on which she assists our attorneys,” Murphy said, “and she has dedicated her career to consistently maintaining high standards.”
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 54347Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 32459Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims