Parents are responsible for making their children teachable
I applaud all the plans that school administrators have to improve our schools, but let's face facts. You can only work with what you have. Until parents provide the schools with a better “product” there will be no improvement in the “product” the schools turn out. Mothers, take your prenatal vitamins. Parents, make sure your kids have a safe place to get nine hours of sleep at night. Teach them respect for authority. Don't raise them to think that the world owes them anything. It doesn't. You have to work for what you want. Schools don't exist to give your little darlings a good self-image. A good self-image comes from accomplishing something by your own efforts.
NewsOK Related Articles
Peggy Weekley, Oklahoma City
Readers wishing to respond to a letter to the editor can submit a response.
Voices Photo Galleriesview all
- 19883Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 16750Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12000Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 11023Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 8434Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8422Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head with machete in self-defense
- 7521Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments