Parents offered advice for summer phone use
As summer winds down, an Internet expert offers advice for parents to make sure their children are safe online if they have unsupervised access web-enabled devices.
As temperatures soar and summer drags on, students may be looking to alleviate boredom indoors this month.
For some students, that means more screen time, whether it’s in front of the TV, a tablet or a phone. Tom Nix, a data sales consultant for Verizon Wireless, recently offered these tips to parents looking to keep their kids safe while online.
Q: What are some common problems that younger children can get into with access to web-enabled devices?
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims