Parents responsible for teaching children respect for authority
Regarding “OKC district to shut down school for a day of training” (News, Oct. 30): What's this about sending teachers back to school for a class in disciplining students? When I was growing up, discipline was done at home by parents. We learned right from wrong (yes, there are such things) and that we should respect our teacher, who was in authority. We knew we were going to school to learn reading, writing and arithmetic. If we got into trouble at school, parents would give us more trouble when we got home. Teachers can't do everything — even if you pay them a million dollars a year.
NewsOK Related Articles
Carol Maguire, Meeker
Readers wishing to respond to a letter to the editor can submit a response.
Voices Photo Galleriesview all
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister