Parnell issuing weekly messages on oil
JUNEAU, Alaska (AP) — Gov. Sean Parnell plans to release weekly messages during the legislative session on increasing oil production in Alaska.
His first message was posted online Thursday.
In it, he says the declining oil production is not because Alaska is running out of oil but because Alaska is running behind the competition for investment dollars.
He laid out the tenets of his oil tax overhaul, which he sees as a simpler system aimed at encouraging new production and making Alaska more competitive.
Democrats say the plan goes too far and is dangerous for Alaska's budget. Some lawmakers either have introduced bills dealing with the tax structure, credits and competition or plan to.
Parnell's spokeswoman says the messages are part of the administration's outreach on Parnell's bill.
Parnell's oil production message: http://1.usa.gov/14eMWYG .
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort