Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 77840Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16227OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13741Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 12057Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 11953Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 11115Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 11023Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma tornado victims identified
- 9407How to help tornado victims
- 8455Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8294Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients
Helen Ford Wallace: Parties, Etc.:July 15
By Helen Ford Wallace
| Published: July 15, 2012
Party: Lindsey Owen and Tyler Fixley were honorees at an engagement party in the home of Jeary and Mike Seikel. Members of Jane Elliott's (Tyler Fixley's mother) mah-jongg group were hosts. They were Sody and Robert Clements, Toni and David Cook, Jane and John Crain, Linda and Tom Klos, Marty and Robert Margo, Mary and Bill Price, the Seikels, Gayle and Barney Semtner, Betty Lou Stewart and Rene and Bill Vassar.
Tables: A buffet dinner of grilled vegetables, roast beef and salmon were served and bouquets of blue hydrangeas and coral roses were on the tables.
Game playing: The future bride and groom played a question and answer game with the guests. Their wedding is set for October.
Guests: Among the 80 people at the party were Jane and Sandy Elliott, Hope and Bud Owen, Mark Fixley, Lori and Chris Winland, Tricia and Paul Stephens, Debbi and Chip Dudley, Rachel Glomset, Sally and Ed Stringer, Becky and Brad Johnston, Emily and Amirald Gee.
HONORING KATHRYN AND MATT
Who: A group of hostesses entertained for engaged couple Kathryn Holmboe and Matt Curtright. The couple will be married in August in Kansas City, Mo.
What: The party was a brunch and wedding shower in the home of Peggy and Nick Duncan. Co-hostesses were Jana Reynolds, Susan Parker, Leslie Regens, Barbara Quillian and Marilyn Barragree.
Menu: Guests dined poolside on pork tenderloin, Napa cole slaw and corn grits and shrimp.