Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17094Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9372Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9356Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6811Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6759Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6420Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 6251Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 6008UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 5965Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 4858Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients
Helen Ford Wallace: Parties, Etc.: Sept. 9
By Helen Ford Wallace
| Published: September 9, 2012
FIRST LADIES TEA
Special event: The Oklahoma Christian University's First Ladies Tea was hosted by Darla deSteiguer, wife of OC's president, and Marty Johnson, Judy Branch and Nancy O'Neal, wives of former presidents. More than 100 OC students, past and present faculty women and friends and neighbors attended the event in the McIntosh Conservatory at Oklahoma Christian.
New collection: The event also launched the First Ladies Collection, an initiative that provides an opportunity for people to donate books to OC's Beam Library in honor of special women.
Party: Bev Carter was honored at her 70th birthday party hosted by her two daughters-in-law and sons, Lori and Chip Carter and Susan Campbell and Chris Campbell.
Greeters: Bev and David Carter's five grandchildren, David, Cate, Lizzie, Isabel and Colin Carter, were official greeters and welcomed guests as they arrived.
Decor: Bouquets throughout the house and tables set up by the swimming pool included hydrangeas, birds of paradise, orchids, snapdragons, roses and larkspur. Special touch: Purple and pink cocktail napkins announced “It's BEVY time!”
Menu: On the menu were crab cakes, grilled chicken brochettes, beef tenderloin, cupcakes and dreamsicles.
Seen: Tina and Elby Beal, Bette Jo and Frank Hill, Mary and Joe Rockett, Mary and Rowland Denman, Mary Anne Malone, Charles Lutz, Barbara Watson, Dolly and David Flesher, Susan and Mike McPherson, Patti and Dick Marshall, Patty and Roland Tague, Rhea and the Rev. Patrick Bright, Cheryl and Gene Melton and Judy and Bill Phillips.
Dinner/shower: Lianne Collier and Agapito Barriga, who will be married in December, were honored at a couple's wedding shower and dinner. Hosts were Marsha and John Funk and Ellen and Rick Orthwein in the Orthwein home.
Theme: The hosts, using a play on words, incorporated a “pear” theme for the party. Chef Edel Goncalves created a pear cocktail and a pinot noir poached pear dessert. Pears were used in the floral arrangements.
Share this on Facebook
Videoview all videos
Sep 7The group behind Oklahoma Senior Follies is launching a...