Pass the Popcorn, it's time for Oscar!
The Food Dude has popcorn recommendations for your Academy Awards watching experience.
NewsOK Related Articles
Old-Time Movie Theater Popcorn
Makes 4 servings
3 tablespoons coconut oil
4 to 5 tablespoons clarified butter, instructions below
Salt to taste
1 stick unsalted butter, cut into 4
“Argo,” is set in Iran, but at its heart it's about Hollywood, so I'm thinking some Old-Time Movie Theater Popcorn.
The magical “Beasts of the Southern Wild” is set on an island off the shores of the Louisiana Bayou so some Cajun seasoning or butter mixed with Tabasco sauce would be appropriate.
“Django Unchained” depicts Deep South excess, so I'm thinking extra butter or perhaps just spatter it with ketchup.
“Les Miserables” calls for extra salt to illustrate the gallons of tears its fans wept whilst enduring its three hours of lyrical tragedy. The magical and majestic “Life of Pi” revolves around a voyage from India, so Hot Madras powder or Garam Masala might do the trick.
Abraham Lincoln was reputed to love gingerbread, so some ginger powder and sorghum would be a worthy addition in honor of Stephen Spielberg's “Lincoln.”
The well-rounded and wholly enjoyable “Silver Linings Playbook” is set in Philly, so perhaps some cheesy popcorn would capture the spirit.
The dim, harsh “Zero Dark Thirty” hardly did much to whet the appetite, but to keep the theme alive go with plenty of salt and pepper for this film that illustrates that black and white make gray.
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 28347Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 17448Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 7187OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5906Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5536OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 4738Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3702Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater