Passenger has baby aboard flight to Armenia
YEREVAN, Armenia (AP) — A passenger has given birth aboard a plane flying to Armenia and named her daughter after one of the flight attendants who helped with the delivery.
The birth of the healthy baby occurred Saturday, two hours before the Armavia airline flight landed in Yerevan, Armenia's capital, after a long flight from Siberia.
Flight attendant Asmik Gevondyan said she noticed that 31-year-old passenger Armina Babayan appeared to be in labor and organized the delivery.
"All of our crew helped to deliver the baby," Gevondyan told The Associated Press.
Babayan, who had claimed to be 6-and-a-half-months pregnant during check-in, named her first child Asmik, local television reported.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad