Patrons celebrate grand reopening of Almonte Library in Oklahoma City
The Almonte Library has reopened at the Almonte Shopping Center in Oklahoma City. The site had served as a temporary library location while the Southern Oaks Library was closed for renovation.
Patrons celebrated the Almonte Library's opening as a full-service library during a reception this week.
The site at 2914 SW 59, in the Almonte Shopping Center, had served as a temporary library when the Southern Oaks Library was closed for renovation. It proved so popular that Metropolitan Library System officials decided to make it a permanent location after Southern Oaks reopened.
During the Almonte site's 10-month run subbing for Southern Oaks, more than 5,600 library cards were issued, officials said.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 402At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 378Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 347How to help tornado victims
- 247Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 147Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 93Twitter reaction from the sports world on the Moore/OKC tornadoes
- 52Social media used to send prayers and condolences to Oklahoma in wake of deadly tornadoes