Share “Patrons exposed to chlorine gas at...”

Patrons exposed to chlorine gas at amusement park

Published on NewsOK Modified: July 11, 2014 at 5:59 pm •  Published: July 11, 2014
Advertisement

MUSKEGON, Mich. (AP) — Some patrons at a western Michigan amusement park have been hosed down after being exposed to chlorine gas near a wave pool.

Muskegon County Sheriff Dean Roesler tells The Muskegon Chronicle that the gas was created Friday afternoon by the release of a combination of chemicals at Michigan's Adventure.

Twenty-seven people were being received at two area hospitals. At least 25 people were showered off Friday afternoon in the park's parking lot. A hazardous materials response team, paramedics and firefighters were called to the park.

WJRW-AM reports that two hospitals went on lockdown earlier due to the risk of chlorine exposure.

Michigan's Adventure, north of Grand Rapids in Muskegon, is the state's largest amusement and water park.



AROUND THE WEB

  1. 1
    You could soon be denied a loan because of your Facebook friends
  2. 2
    Christian rock musician from Chicopee held without bail on child pornography possession charges
  3. 3
    Sony Altered ‘Concussion’ Film to Prevent N.F.L. Protests, Emails Show
  4. 4
    Nevada family fights government over property near Area 51
  5. 5
    Man and officer wounded, dog killed in police address mix-up
+ show more

FEATURED JOBS



× Trending life Article