Paul Greenberg: Cutting through the fog of news
NewsOK Related Articles
The light came on
And we're after an election now. That's it. That's it! That's the key phrase, the Freudian slip. And for a brief moment, the light came on. The fog lifted.
And we're after an election now. For it wouldn't have done to let the American people know exactly what happened before that election, would it? Not when Barack Obama was still basking in the glow of having been president and commander in chief when those Navy SEALs tracked Osama bin Laden down to where he was hiding in plain sight, and took care of that long-pending matter in their own direct fashion, bless each and every one.
But we're after an election now. And the president can afford to sound all innocent and cooperative. At least for a moment.
Then the moment passed, the curtain closed, and the usual sturm und drang of American politics began to obscure all. But for just a moment, I had a new appreciation for Dr. Freud, and maybe even a simple explanation for the hopeless jumble of all those non-explanations that had poured forth from this administration about Benghazi (ever Cont'd).
Something tells me this White House has only begun to explain. And will need to.
TRIBUNE MEDIA SERVICES
Voices Photo Galleriesview all
- 12863Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11549Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 5770Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5166Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4505OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 4325Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 3991Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law