Paul, Griffin help Clippers cruise past 76ers
"They're one of the highest-jumping teams in the league," Young said. "They had it going."
Lavoy Allen struggled against the Clippers, two nights after the best performance in his career. Allen had 14 points and a career-best 22 rebounds in an 87-76 win over Charlotte last Saturday. Against the much more athletic Clippers, Allen managed just four points and two rebounds in 28 minutes.
The Sixers ended their eight-game homestand — their longest since 1986 — with a thud, though they did finish 5-3. Philadelphia fell to 22-28 overall with one more game looming at Milwaukee on Wednesday before the All-Star break.
"We'll be fine," Turner said. "We've got to stay confident and remain focused."
Philadelphia began the night three games behind the Bucks for the eighth and final playoff spot in the Eastern Conference.
A potential playoff spot could be even more in doubt with the uncertain future of injured center Andrew Bynum. Before the game, Bynum said he was unsure when he would make his much-anticipated debut.
"I'm not really optimistic," said Bynum, who has yet to play for the Sixers. "When I get on the court, that's when I'll be ready."
Bynum has been dealing with bilateral bone bruises on both knees since being acquired in a blockbuster 12-player, four-team trade in the offseason.
The Clippers were dominant in just about every aspect in rolling to a 56-33 lead at halftime. They shot 63 percent from the field and held the Sixers to 34 percent shooting.
NOTES: Sixers G Jason Richardson (left knee synovitis) said he's scheduled for knee surgery on Thursday. He's expected to miss 6-to-9 months. . The Clippers improved to 17-12 on the road. ... Paul recorded his 18th double-double of the season.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims