Pauls Valley man accused of fatally kicking girlfriend's dog in Oklahoma City
Oklahoma City police arrested a Pauls Valley man Saturday whose girlfriend accused him of fatally kicking her dog after it defecated on the floor, according to a police report.
Oklahoma City police say a man kicked his girlfriend's dog to death after the pet defecated on the floor and snapped at him when he tried to rub its nose in the mess.
Levi Marcus Raper, 25, of Pauls Valley, was arrested Saturday on two complaints of animal cruelty and an unrelated warrant, officer Dan McMillan wrote in the police report. Raper remained in the Oklahoma County jail Monday with bail set at $2,000, and court records show he has not been formally charged.
Police were called to Raper's girlfriend's apartment in the 7000 block of W Britton Road about 8:40 p.m. Saturday. Officers found the body of the woman's terrier-schnauzer mix, according to the report. She told officers Raper killed her dog while she was at a store.
Raper told officers he kicked the dog “a couple of times” after it soiled the floor and snapped at him, McMillan wrote. The dog retreated to a corner, laid down and died.
Court records do not reveal a significant criminal history for Raper. The unrelated warrant stems from a failure to appear at a hearing related to a DUI case in Cleveland County from 2008.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 11434Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11103Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9903Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8455Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4574Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4269Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4107OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M