Payroll tax cut likely to expire in January, Oklahoma lawmakers say
Oklahoma Republican Reps. Tom Cole and James Lankford say there is little appetite to extend tax cut for workers as Congress and President Barack Obama prepare to pare nation’s debt.
WASHINGTON — Shoppers budgeting for Black Friday and beyond might want to consider this: Come January, workers’ paychecks will likely be a little smaller.
The payroll tax break that has given the average Oklahoman an extra $580 a year is set to expire, and there has been little talk of extending it for another year as President Barack Obama and...
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 12287Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11384Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 6956Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 6508Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 4900Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4357OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3734Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law