PBR notebook: Five cowboys go two for two at OKC event
Only four cowboys have successfully ridden two bulls after the first two rounds of the PBR's Winstar World Casino Invitational at Chesapeake Energy Arena.
Only five cowboys have successfully ridden two bulls after the first two rounds of the PBR’s Winstar World Casino Invitational at Chesapeake Energy Arena.
Sean Willinghamof Summerville, Ga., leads the average after Saturday’s night second round with a score of 173.5 on two bulls. J.B. Mauney of Mooresville, N.C., and one of the biggest stars on the PBR Tour, is only a half-point behind.
Canada’s Ty Pozzobon is third with a score of 172 on two bulls, while Brant Atwood of Decatur, Texas is fourth at 171. Atwood had the highest score in Saturday night’s second round with an 88.25 on Blonde Bomber.
Marco Eguchi has a 146 on two. Sunday’s final round begins at 2 p.m.
Bonus bull wins again
For the second straight night, a cowboy was unsuccessful on the bonus bull, but just barely. Shane Proctor of Mooresville, N.C. earned the right to try and ride Flint for $3,000 because he won last weekend's PBR event in Winston-Salem, N.C.
Proctor was bucked off by the bull 7.61 seconds into the ride.
Tough night for Oklahomans
Austin Meier of Kinta, who scored 84.75 Friday night on Under Cover Brother, was bucked off Saturday night by Gonzo 5.7 seconds into the ride. Ryan Dirteater of Hulbert hasn't been able to ride a bull either night, getting bucked off Saturday night by Red Man 3.76 seconds into the ride.
Bushwhacker to appear Sunday
Making his debut of the 2013 season in Sunday's championship round will be Bushwhacker, the 2011 PBR world champion bull, and already considered one of the greatest bucking bulls of all time.
Bushwhacker has bucked off 35 consecutive riders on the Built Ford Tough Series, reserved for the top 35 riders on the tour, and 48 straight riders overall.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister