Peace Festival is planned in Oklahoma City
The Peace House annual Fall Peace Festival is scheduled Sunday at the Civic Center Music Hall in Oklahoma City.
More than 60 groups and vendors will be featured during the 27th annual Fall Peace Festival, set for 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday in the Hall of Mirrors at the Civic Center Music Hall, 201 N Walker. The event is open to the public.
The Peace Festival provides visitors with holiday shopping opportunities. All groups and vendors sell items as gifts for the holiday season.
Fair trade and homemade goods will include pottery, crafts, organic coffee, carving and handmade items from Africa.
Local artists and crafters will sell their art as well. Many groups offer books, calendars, T-shirts and bumper stickers designed to further their mission. All groups offer brochures, newsletters, and membership opportunities in addition to sales items.
Featured musicians will include Steve McLinn, Jahruba, Jerry Carroll and D. Ray Polk. Dance recitals will be performed at 2 p.m. by members of Oklahoma City's Aalim School of Dance.
A children's activity room, supervised by adults during the event, is sponsored by the Peace Education Institute, an organization co-sponsoring the festival along with the Peace House in Oklahoma City.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 14417OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 14044Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 8989Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 7004Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5982Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5451Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5357Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss