Peggy Gandy---Social Scene
RINGING IN THE NEW
Event: 27th Opening Night.
Hosted by: Arts Council of Oklahoma City.
Sponsors: The Oklahoman and NewsOK.
Facts: Alcohol free and family friendly, the New Year's Eve evening had something for everyone. Although party planners estimated this year's revelers numbered about 20,000 less than 2012, 50,000 still is a healthy number for a downtown event competing with two other large turnouts going on in the general area. Forty performers on 26 stages throughout the various venues provided entertainment. The evening ended with the countdown to midnight, the raising of the giant lighted ball at Myriad Gardens and music by the R&B Band. HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 81708Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16515OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12409Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 12217Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 12064Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 10403Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 9163How to help tornado victims