Pepe Delgado's serves up southern-style Mexican food
“Don’t ask for Tabasco because you won’t get it,” Salinas said.
Salinas’ restaurant uses no animal fat in its food and cooks don’t fry many things. Only chips and potatoes are fried. Salinas said Pepe’s caters to a lot of vegetarians.
The restaurant’s goal since opening has been to make good, healthy Mexican food. Salinas said he wants to show Mexican culture and food from the 31 states in that country.
Pepe Delgado’s doesn’t just excel in exceptional Mexican cuisine. The restaurant also features 39 premium tequilas, the largest selection in Oklahoma, Salinas said.
Each Friday, the restaurant makes tamales using banana leaves from Oaxaca and Guerrero.
For 17 years, the restaurant has fed many hungry college students, university employees and Norman residents. Salinas said he plans on being around for many more years as Pepe’s feeds new generations of people looking for great, healthy Mexican food.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in