Perfumania key sales figure falls 9.2 percent
BELLPORT, N.Y. (AP) — Perfumania Holdings Inc., which sells perfumes and fragrances, said Thursday that revenue in stores open at least a year fell 9.2 percent in February.
The measurement is considered an important gauge of performance for retailers because it excludes results from stores that opened or closed within the last year.
In the four weeks ending March 2, total sales fell 7.4 percent to $18.7 million from $20.2 million in the same period a year ago.
Perfumania Holdings shares slipped 3 cents to $6 in midday trading Thursday. Its shares have traded in a 52-week range of $4.13 to $10.49.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 96583Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 17286OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13078Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8797Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8670Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8388How to help tornado victims
- 7627Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort