NBA Finals: Russell Westbrook is taking the road Kendrick Perkins once traveled
Perkins said: “I was once a young guy that went to the end of the bench pouting the same way ... not knowing that what we’re trying to accomplish is bigger than any one guy.”
MIAMI, Fla. — He knows what it’s like to be that angry young man, getting yanked from the game for what? Trying to help? Trying to win a ballgame?
He was 23 and in his fourth NBA season, playing for a championship and occasionally still feeling angry, misunderstood and uncertain about what his coach needed from him.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 38644Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15211Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9740Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 9154Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8873Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7777Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7381Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister