OKC Thunder: Perry Jones III leaves summer league game with ankle injury
ORLANDO, Fla. — Oklahoma City Thunder first-round pick Perry Jones III had to leave the team's summer league game Tuesday after sustaining a sprained left ankle.
Videoview all videos
Jul 10OKC Thunder's beat writer Darnell Mayberry gives insight...
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
It's unclear whether Jones will be available for the final three games in Orlando. Team officials said Jones will be re-evaluated Wednesday morning.
“I don't know exactly what happened,” Jones said. “All I know is my ankle start hurting and I went straight to the ground. Other than that, hopefully it was a good possession.”
Jones exited the game with 5:34 remaining and the score tied at 61-all. He immediately went to the end of the bench and got his ankle wrapped in ice. After limping off the court with his teammates after the game, Jones said the pain in his ankle wasn't too bad.
“It's all right,” Jones said. “We'll see how it is tomorrow. If it feels good, I'll be able to play. If not, then I won't be able to play, I guess.”
After scoring 16 points with eight rebounds in his debut Monday, Jones scored eight points with four rebounds and three blocked shots in 23 minutes against Indiana on Tuesday.
The Thunder suffered a 78-74 defeat, falling to 0-2 in its five-game summer league schedule.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 90847Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 9606Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad