Pet Tales: Dodgy mouser finally comes around
Pet Tales: Readers share their favorite pet tales.
Mouser finally comes around
Pictured is our cat Lucy, who is a 6- to 7-year-old mouser.
She was rescued from the Animal Control Shelter in Seminole in July 2005.
After bringing her home, she immediately ran away.
However, while sitting outside one evening, my wife said, “I think your cat is watching us from around the corner of the house.”
It took some coaxing to get her to come to us, but she's been here since that time.
As you can see, she loves to lay on shoes as well as get in my lap and take a nap after a period of kneading.
Her food bowl is kept in the garage (per wife's orders).
Lucy will stand, look at you, and wait for you to take her to the food.
When we go walking in the neighborhood, she sometimes goes with us.
However, she never follows us all the way, but always finds her way back home, many times beating us there.
At night, she likes to get on the bed and lay on my feet.
— Paul Smith, Seminole
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 88132Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 35601Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction