Pet Tales: Greyhound lovers comment on Edmond dog's story
Heather Warlick: Readers respond to the Nov. 12 Pet Tale about Myka, the 19-year-old greyhound who lives in Edmond with owner Coree Jakobs.
Greyhound lovers comment on story of Edmond dog
In response to our Nov. 12 Pet Tale about Myka, a 19-year-old greyhound who lives in Edmond with owner Coree Jakobs, a few readers emailed their comments.
Christine Anderson, a NewsOk.com reader from Lady Lake, Fla., wrote: “Wonderful story about Myka who is 19.5 years old. I am attaching a picture of my greyhound, Cocopuff, who just turned 12 years old on 10/14/12. Cocopuff never raced either. We got her off the Naples-Fort Myers Greyhound Track in Bonita Springs, Florida. She has all her own teeth, only a little pannus in her eyes (treated), and has some lumbar stenosis. She walks and bounces around to her tolerance. I hope we have her till she is 19, too!”
Susan Hendess, also of Florida, wrote: “Greetings from a fellow greyhound lover. Please Google Genie the greyhound. She lived to be 20! I knew Genie personally. Genie was guest of honor, celebrating her 20th birthday, at our Greyhound Pets of America Tampa Bay Chapter Poker Run. She was chauffeured to the event from home in a black stretch, and the chauffeur stated he never had a celebrity dog, let alone a greyhound, before.”
Genie is widely considered to have been the oldest greyhound in the world before her death on July 20, 2008.
To submit a pet story and photo, email your story and photo to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail it to Heather Warlick, The Oklahoman, P.O. Box 25125, Oklahoma City, OK 73125. Include your name, address and daytime phone number. Photos cannot be returned.
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 27538Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15649Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10393Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9809Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 9381Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8402Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 8325Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena