Pet Tales: Real estate agent gets fixer-upper
I am a real estate agent. One day, a friend called to list his residence for sale. He was down on his luck and needed to sell quickly. When I drove to his property, a nice brick home on five acres, this mongrel-looking dog appeared at my car door. It looked terrible and hadn’t been groomed "in forever.” I asked my friend if it was a schnauzer, and he said, "Yes.” On a whim, I asked him for the dog, seeing its neglected appearance. It had been running loose outside with six bird dogs, a pit bull and a Labrador retriever. It was apparent this dog was the last in line to reach the food bowls. My friend gave me the dog.I immediately took the dog named Chuck to my groomer, where we had to turn the kennel upside down to shake him out. He was terrified, not knowing what was happening to him. The groomer...
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 10710Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 10389Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10187Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 9807Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 6458Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4074Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4073Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes