Peterson pledges $1M to U. of Oklahoma athletics
NORMAN, Okla. (AP) — Former University of Oklahoma running back Adrian Peterson has pledged a $1 million gift to OU athletics.
The university announced Thursday that the money will be used to help pay for construction of a new student housing facility and to establish the Adrian Peterson Football Scholarship endowment.
Peterson played at OU from 2004-2006 and is the third-leading rusher in school history. He was a first-round draft pick in the 2007 NFL draft when the Minnesota Vikings took him with the seventh overall pick.
Peterson said in a statement released by OU that he had always hoped to donate to OU and that it was a "no-brainer" now that he's established and comfortable enough to make the donation.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 21736Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 17602Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12531Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 9970Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 9708Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 9584Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 7184Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head in self-defense