Petreaus being judged too harshly
Too bad David Petraeus used bad judgment and got himself into this domestic mess. To many he's a hero — his past as a military leader speaks for itself — but he's getting little or no credit for that. Fact is, President Bill Clinton committed the same error and he barely got a slap on the wrist. He had a higher position than Petreaus and was able to stay in office. The difference is that Petraeus admitted his wrongdoing and apologized. Clinton, who lied about his affair, kept his position.
NewsOK Related Articles
Burnis Campbell, Choctaw
Readers wishing to respond to a letter to the editor can submit a response.
Voices Photo Galleriesview all
- 13429Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 13120OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10230Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 8771Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 7569Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5530Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5367Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?