Pets get more room to play at Norman dog park
An expansion to the Norman Dog Park gives animals almost twice the space to play.
NORMAN — Dogs have almost twice as much room to play now at the Norman Dog Park, a part of Griffin Community Park at 12th Avenue NE and Robinson Street.
City crews recently completed an expansion of the park, adding about three-fourths of an acre to the nearly 1-acre park.
The expansion includes a 6-foot-tall chain link fence, benches, pedestrian and equipment gates, and a frost-free water hydrant.
The original dog park was built in 2004 by a group of volunteers who gathered donated materials and coordinated funding and labor for the project. Volunteers remain active in maintaining the park.
Dogs visiting the park are required to be licensed and vaccinated.
More information is available at www.normanfun.com. To volunteer, call Betty Blatt at 329-9692.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 33271Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 24362Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 6895OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 6548Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 4476OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 4156Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3398Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater