Pets survive blaze in The Village
A bulldog and a lizard were rescued from inside the home during a firefight in The Village Tuesday afternoon. Nobody was at home at the time of the fire.
THE VILLAGE — A bulldog and a lizard escaped the grasp of flames when firefighters rescued them from a burning house in The Village on Tuesday afternoon.
About 5:45 p.m., firefighters responding to 10013 Lancet Lane found flames coming from all sides of the house, The Village fire Lt. Brian Hopson said. Nobody was at home during the fire, but two pets were rescued from inside the home during the firefight.
Rob Tigner has owned the house for 20 years, but lives down the street and rents the home.
“The neighbor across the street came down and told me that my house was on fire,” Tigner said.
“He drove me down here and it was nothing but smoke coming out of it. I tried to open the door, but I jumped back because flames were coming out,” he said.
“It's devastating to see 20 years of your property going down in flames,” he said.
Tigner said he knew nobody was home because their cars weren't outside, but knew animals were inside.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 402At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 378Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 347How to help tornado victims
- 247Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 147Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 93Twitter reaction from the sports world on the Moore/OKC tornadoes
- 52Social media used to send prayers and condolences to Oklahoma in wake of deadly tornadoes