Pfizer CEO's pay triples to $18M in first year
NEW YORK (AP) — Drugmaker Pfizer Inc. says it nearly tripled new CEO Ian Read's total compensation last year.
Read got a package worth just over $18 million, including salary of $1.7 million and stock and option awards totaling about $12.5 million.
He moved up to CEO from head of pharmaceutical operations in December 2010, when the board apparently forced out predecessor Jeffrey Kindler.
Read has since restructured Pfizer's huge research organization to improve productivity, and a couple of important drugs were approved last year.
The AP's calculation counts salary, bonuses, perks, stock and options awarded during the year.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 15155OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10481Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 7111Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6362Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 6344Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5951Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4162As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in