Philippe Cornet's two goals lead OKC Barons past Lake Erie
Philippe Cornet scored two goals and Ryan Keller had a goal and two assists as the Barons swept a three-game road trip by beating Lake Erie 3-1 on Saturday in Cleveland.
It was the Barons’ fourth straight win after two victories at Rochester. The Barons have the best record in the AHL at 27-11-2-3 and lead in standing points with 59.
After a scoreless first period, Cornet opened the scoring at the 11:10 mark of the second with his 19th goal of the year.
Lake Erie tied it at 1-1 on a power play-goal at 14:42 in the second.
The eventual game-winner from Cornet came at 8:24 in the third on a major power play. Cornet put home his 20th of the season when he batted the puck out of the air.
Keller added an empty-net goal with 7.2 seconds left. Oklahoma City out-shot Lake Erie 26-22, including 14-5 in the third.
The Barons return home to face Houston on Friday and Texas on Saturday at the Cox Center. Faceoff for both games is 7 p.m.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort