Phillips questionable for Giants vs. Philadelphia
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) — Giants safety Kenny Phillips was listed as questionable after missing the last three games because of a sprained right knee and could be available for perhaps his final game in a Giants uniform Sunday against Philadelphia.
Defensive tackle Chris Canty (knee) failed to practice for a third day and is listed as doubtful.
WR Hakeem Nicks (knee) and DE Justin Tuck (shoulder) also worked and were listed as questionable. Nicks had missed Wednesday's practice, but took limited work Thursday. Tuck took limited reps all three days.
C David Baas (hip/shoulder) returned to a full workload Friday after missing two days and was listed as probable. Also working and listed as probable were RB Ahmad Bradshaw (knee), S Tyler Sash (hamstring), and G Chris Snee (hip).
Rookie cornerback Jayron Hosley (quads) sat out practice, and CB Prince Amukamara (hamstring) took limited work with the first unit. Both were listed as doubtful.
Phillips, in the final year of his contract, practiced all week on a limited basis. He could be called upon in a three-safety alignment against Eagles quarterback Michael Vick.
Coach Tom Coughlin said no one has asked out of Sunday's finale.
"They all want to play," Coughlin said. "Like every team in the NFL, there are many guys playing with injuries and restrictions. It's not new this year here. That's the nature of our game.
"Unfortunately, I wish I could make them all 100 percent. They have more fun when they feel really special, really good. But that's the nature of our business."
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 13258OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 7144Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7131Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6694Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6025Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 5256Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5146Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers