Copyright ©2012 The Associated Press. Copyright ©2010. The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
p>NEW YORK (AP) — In a story about phones gaining the ability to interact with "tags" and other phones equipped with chips for "Near-Field Communications," or NFC, the Associated Press said Samsung's sticker-like "TecTiles" can be read by phones running the latest version of Google Inc.'s Android operating system, known as "Ice Cream Sandwich." Samsung later clarified that some phones running earlier Android versions can also read the tags.
Clarification: Tapping Phones story
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 79875Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16375OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12357Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 12103Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 12064Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 10249Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 9002How to help tornado victims