Oklahoma country music superstar Blake Shelton and his “The Voice” Season 2 contestant RaeLynn treated shoppers to a special holiday performance Saturday to wrap up the jcpenney Holiday Giving Tour at Westfield Culver City in Los Angeles. The free and open to the public concert was the final stop in the 12-day tour across the U.S. in which jcpenney carried out a special act of generosity in a new city each day.
Some revealing highlights from the show:
- Blake shared that Christmas hasn’t changed for him – even at 36 years old – he still wakes up to his stocking from Santa at his home.
- The Tishomingo resident joked that it’s really difficult to shop for his wife, fellow country superstar Miranda Lambert, because she has everything already!
- New Year’s plans? Blake and Miranda plan to relax at home, drink champagne and watch fellow “The Voice” personality, Carson Daly countdown to New Year’s.
- Blake’s New Year’s resolutions: 1. To win “The Voice” twice in 2013. 2. To clean up his language. 3. To stop being so controversial on Twitter.
- Blake’s biggest accomplishment of 2012: winning CMA Entertainer of the Year and hopefully winning “The Voice.”
- Blake is looking forward to finale of “The Voice” with his two team members and thinks no matter the outcome, they have a long career ahead of them.
- Blake compares this final round of “The Voice” to the excitement he felt when stepping in to Nashville to try and get a record deal. He thinks the best ending is a tie with his two finalist.
- Miranda surprised Blake by making him his traditional on-stage drink… but, this time it was pink! He told the crowd that she knows how to make a good drink despite the color.
- Bieber fever alert – When asked about her Justin Bieber watch, RaeLynn was quick to tell fans that she loves Bieber and Miranda got her the watch as a gift – her favorite present all year.
Season 3 of “The Voice” this week is entering the live semifinal rounds, airing at 7 p.m. today and Tuesday on NBC.