Wine Tasting Boat Rescue
This image provided by KTVU-TV shows some of the 22 rescued passengers on the pier Friday Oct.12, 2012 in San Francisco. A U.S. Coast Guard spokesman said the wine-tasting boat, Neptune hit a shoal near Alcatraz Island and began sinking. Nearly two dozen people who were enjoying a boat ride on what's billed as San Francisco Bay's only "floating wine tasting room" are OK after their vessel hit a shoal near Alcatraz Island and started sinking Friday night. U.S. Coast Guard spokesman Lt. j.g. Josh Dykman says the 45-foot Neptune hit the shoal around 8:42 p.m. and started taking on water after the impact left a 1-foot gash in the side of the boat. The boat's captain tried to get it back to Pier 39, where the boat is docked, but the captain had difficulty navigating the vessel and it started sinking. Dykman says three Coast Guard boats took all 22 passengers and crewmembers off the vessel and brought them back to the pier. There were no injuries.(AP Photo/KTVU-TV)
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14862OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 11951Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 8347Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6661Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 6166Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5685Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4422Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 4121Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 4098'Hatchet hitchhiker' arrested after attorney found dead
- 4034Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients
Send me a copy of this email.