FILE - In this June 27, 2006 file photo, reviewed by a U.S. Department of Defense official, U.S. military guards walk within Camp Delta military-run prison, at the Guantanamo Bay U.S. Naval Base, Cuba. The White House is threatening that President Barack Obama would veto the defense bill unless Congress makes changes. The Office of Management and Budget issued a statement Thursday as the Senate debated the $631 billion bill. Specifically, the White House complained about provisions restricting the administration's ability to transfer detainees from the U.S. Naval facility at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, to foreign countries. The White House also complained about the prohibition on funds to build a detention facility in the US. (AP Photo/Brennan Linsley, File)
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 28347Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 17448Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 7187OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5906Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5536OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 4738Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3702Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 3694Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 3367Four burning questions - Was the Thunder's season a failure?
- 3246Oklahoma City Thunder: The time has come for OKC's young players
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients
Send me a copy of this email.