Chile Mapuche Protest
A firefighter, left, works to extinguish the flames of the home of a wealthy landowner in Temuco, Chile, Friday, Jan. 4, 2013. The elderly couple, Werner Luchsinger, 75, and wife wife Vivian McKay, whose family's vast landholdings have long been targeted by Mapuche Indians in southern Chile were killed in the arson attack early Friday while trying to defend their home. Chile's president quickly flew to the scene and announced new security measures, including the application of Chile's tough anti-terrorism law and the creation of a special police anti-terror unit backed by Chile's military. (Hector Andrade/Agenciauno)
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 77543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16211OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13739Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 12057Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 11932Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 11090Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 11021Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma tornado victims identified
- 9369How to help tornado victims
- 8451Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8284Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients
Send me a copy of this email.