FILE - In this Friday, March 25, 2011 file photo, Netherlands' national player Erik Pieters runs for the ball during a Euro 2012 Group E qualifying soccer match against Hungary in Budapest, Hungary. Football is awash with and thrives on anger. It celebrates coaches with short tempers and players who yell at each other. It tolerates the idea that fans have a right to be angry in defeat although it sometimes does draw the line when they start ripping out their seats. Football hasn't been a mere "game" for decades, perhaps ever. So there really wasn't any need for Netherlands defender Erik Pieters to apologize for punching his fist through a window, covering it blood as he sliced open his arm and landed himself in hospital. (AP Photo/Balazs Czagany, File)
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24190Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13456Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11113Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10453UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7895Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6976Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6568Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6301Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6165Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4992Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients
Send me a copy of this email.