T.W. SHANNON ELECTED SPEAKER
Mike Jackson, second from left, is congratulated by fellow House members after he was elected by his colleagues as the speaker pro tempore. T. W. Shannon was elected by his colleagues in the Oklahoma House of Representatives as their Speaker for the upcoming legislative session. Shannon, a Democrat from Lawton, is Oklahoma's first black Speaker of the House. He was sworn in on the floor of the House by Oklahoma Supreme Court Chief Justice Tom Colbert on Tuesday, Jan. 8, 2013. Colbert became Oklahoma's first black chief justice when he was sworn in last week. Photo by Jim Beckel, The Oklahoman
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 36528Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 32802Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32453Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8406Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5462OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3890Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 3494College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3313George Nigh has long been 'Four' Oklahoma
- 3240Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
- 3193Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients
Send me a copy of this email.