Darrell Royal, 1924-2012
Caption reads "Darrell Royal, 158-pound University of Oklahoma back, is completely smothered by Oklahoma A&M's 240-pound tackle, J. D. Cheek, after the tiny Sooner back unreeled a 15-yard dash to the Oklahoma 45 in the first period of Saturday's game at Stillwater." Date photo was taken unknown. Photo was published in The Daily Oklahoman on 11-28-1948.
- Ex-University of Texas coach Royal dies at age 88 - 2012-11-07
- Darrell Royal coached the Texas Longhorns, but he was still 'one of us' - 2012-11-07
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 3659Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage after tall metal utility polls fall in northwest Oklahoma City
- 3653Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 3418Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients
Send me a copy of this email.