Inmate Bra Laundering
Inmate Alfonso Young loads bras that are being laundered as part of a breast cancer awareness campaign into a dryer at Central Maryland Correctional Facility in Sykesville, Md., Thursday, Dec. 13, 2012. Nearly 10,000 bras were expected to be laundered by the inmates after they were collected by a radio station in Frederick, Md. One dollar for each bra was donated to breast cancer research, and the cleaned bras are expected to be donated to women's shelters. Inmates at the facility annually handle more than 2.2 million pounds of laundry from state agencies and non-profit organizations in Maryland. (AP Photo/Patrick Semansky)
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 98297Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16555OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13177Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8674Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8399Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8073How to help tornado victims
- 7770Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6857Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 6639Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma singer packs tour bus with donations for storm victims
- 6423Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients
Send me a copy of this email.