SOLDIER SURPRISES SON
Staff Sergeant Harold Williams surprised his son, Adrian, a fifth grade student during a patriotic-themed Veteran's Day assembly Friday morning, Nov. 9, 2012, at Schwartz Elementary School, when he walked onto the stage while his son and classmates were reciting the preamble of the U.S. Constitution. The elder Williams arrived at the school this morning and had been hidden off stage until his son's class gathered on the stage. Father and son embraced for nearly two minutes in front of a large red, white and blue backdrop. Adrian wiped away tears and tears also rolled down the cheeks of Sgt. Williams. Harold has been stationed in Germany with the U.S. Army and recently returned there from duty in Iraq. Photo by Jim Beckel, The Oklahoman
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14862OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 11951Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 8347Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6661Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 6166Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5685Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4422Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 4121Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 4098'Hatchet hitchhiker' arrested after attorney found dead
- 4034Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients
Send me a copy of this email.