J. W. Reed of Edmond salutes as he stands stands beside his son's truck, which has an American flag attached to the front bumper. Reed, an Army veteran who served in Vietnam, came to the funeral with his son and a few of his son's friends "to honor and to pay our respects to a soldier and his family." They are part of a unit that calls themselves Oklahoma Convoy and they often attend the funerals of soldiers, according to Reed. Celebration of Life service for US Army SSgt. Rex L. Schad at LifeChurch.tv in Edmond Thursday afternoon, March 21, 2013. Schad was killed earlier this month while conducting a patrol brief with the Afghanistan National Police. He is a 2005 graduate of Edmond Memorial High School. Photo by Jim Beckel, The Oklahoman
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6720Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma singer packs tour bus with donations for storm victims
- 6515Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 5990Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients
Send me a copy of this email.