GUN RIGHTS RALLY
David Bradley of Moore, Okla., wears a pistol on his belt at the rally. He applied for his permit about two years ago. Organizers said an estimated 1800 people from throughout Oklahoma crowded into the south plaza at the state Capitol Saturday afternoon, Jan. 19, 2013, to voice their support for their second amendment rights and to express concerns about proposed gun control legislation being considered by the federal government in the wake of the school shooting in Connecticut last month. Many held aloft hand-made signs or waved American flags as speakers addressed the gun rights rally. Oklahoma passed an open carry law that recently took effect allowing citizens to openly carry a holstered weapon on their body if they have been granted a license. Photo by Jim Beckel, The Oklahoman
- Crowd rallies at Oklahoma Capitol for gun rights - 2013-01-20
- Buyers, sellers at Oklahoma City gun show are wary of gun reform proposals - 2013-01-20
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 31709Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 22246Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 7126OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 6322Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5037OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 4484Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3553Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 3509Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 3313Oklahoma City Thunder: The time has come for OKC's young players
- 3242Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients
Send me a copy of this email.