Darrell Royal, 1924-2012
Caption reads "Holding the traditional prize of the Sooner-Aggie football game--the bell clapper from Old Central at Stillwater is Leonard Haug, OU bandmaster. Darrell Royal, Sooner "coffincorner" kicking specialist from Rollis is tieing the red and white OU colors on it." Date photo was taken unknown. Photo was published in The Daily Oklahoman on 11-29-1947.
- Ex-University of Texas coach Royal dies at age 88 - 2012-11-07
- Darrell Royal coached the Texas Longhorns, but he was still 'one of us' - 2012-11-07
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 13758Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9630Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9095Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 8238Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6533Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 6005Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 5369Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 4740Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 4592Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 4132Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients
Send me a copy of this email.