VETS DAY PARADE
Members of the 34th Combat Communication Squadron at Tinker AFB ride in the back of military trucks during the parade. The city of Midwest City teamed with civic leaders and local merchants to display their appreciation for veterans and active military forces by staging a hour-long Veteran's Day parade that stretched more than a mile and a half along three of the city's busiest streets Monday morning, Nov. 12, 2012. Hundreds of people lined the parade route, many of them waving small American flags that had ben distributed by volunteers who marched near the front of the parade. A fly-over performed by F-16s from the138th Fighter Wing, Oklahoma Air National Guard unit in Tulsa thrilled spectators. Five veterans representing military personnel who served in five wars and military actions served as Grand Marshals for the parade. Leading the parade was the Naval Reserve seven-story American flag, carried by 100 volunteers from First National Bank of Midwest City, Advantage Bank and the Tinker Federal Credit Union. The flag is 50 feet by 76 feet, weighs 110 pounds and was sponsored by the MWC Chapter of Disabled American Veterans. Photo by Jim Beckel, The Oklahoman
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 89274Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14075Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 8763Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 7637Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7585Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 7472How to help tornado victims
- 6832OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 6132Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 5722Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 5312Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients
Send me a copy of this email.