Bolivia Spain Expropiations
Marked with signs reading: "Nationalized," soldiers stand guard outside the offices of Electropaz, an electricity distribution subsidiary of the Spanish energy company Iberdrola, in La Paz, Bolivia, Saturday, Dec. 29. 2012. Bolivia's President Evo Morales issued a decree Saturday allowing the takeover of shares in Electropaz and Empresa de Luz y Fuerza de Oruro (Elfeo), which supply energy in the Andean nation. The decree read by Morales also calls for Iberdrola to receive indemnification after an independent firm is hired within 180 days to determine the value of the nationalized shares. (AP Photo)
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 81135Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 32459Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction
- 5720Police: School near OKC directly hit by tornado
- 5362Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 3318Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients
Send me a copy of this email.