Bob Jarrett of Norman teaches Colleen Sommerfeld (cq), 7, of Lawton, to make a wooden top spin after releasing it from its string. Jarrett was among several members of the Central Woodturners Association who at the group's booth in the Creative Arts Building at the Oklahoma State Fair on Saturday, Sep. 22, 2012. Jarrett said he and fellow woodturners enjoy making wooden tops and watching the delight on children's faces when they master the release technique. The wooden top Jarrett uses here is the same one he played with as a small boy. Today was Sommerfeld's first time to throw a top and it was her first visit to the state fair. Photo by Jim Beckel, The Oklahoman.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90701Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 63579Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 37826Oklahoma sucker-punched by second round of twisters
- 34889Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13810Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12671Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 12126Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11226How to help tornado victims
- 10002At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8728Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients
Send me a copy of this email.