Ellen McKenzie of Norman pushes a shopping cart loaded with gifts out of Crossroads Mall to a client's car. McKenzie said this is her 15th year to volunteer at the distribution event. She said working at the event "makes me feel good." She said she is "very fortunate that I can do this" to help others. She recruited another person to join her in volunteering this year. The Salvation Army and Feed the Children teamed to distribute bicycles and toys for children, and handed out boxes of food for families at their annual distribution event Wednesday, Dec. 19, 2012. Salvation Army officials said 100 volunteers helped make the event go smoothly. The volunteers loaded bags of toys and bikes into vehicles of clients who had been pre-approved for assistance. Many of the gifts were provided through the Salvation Army's Angel Tree program Photo by Jim Beckel, The Oklahoman
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6720Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma singer packs tour bus with donations for storm victims
- 6515Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 5990Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients
Send me a copy of this email.