JOE CARTER, SR. FUNERAL
An usher holds one of Carter's fishing poles that was paired with another pole to create an arch outside the field house as Carter's casket was removed and taken to a waiting hearse. About 400 family and friends gathered inside the Millwood High School Fieldhouse on Tuesday, Sep, 25, 2012, to honor the life and say farewell to Joseph D. Carter, Sr. at a funeral service that was sentimental and touching, but also full of joy and laughter. Carter is survived by a wife and their 11 children as well as 46 grandchildren, 35 great-grandchildren and 10 great-great-grandchildren. Photo by Jim Beckel, The Oklahoman.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24523Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15852Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10645Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9696Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 9156Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8753Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 8578Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7656Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 7634Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 6870UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients
Send me a copy of this email.